Saturday, November 14, 2015

Week Six EOC: "Me X Three"

Three items that define who I am as a person would be my Clarinet, Drawing Tablet, and Art supplies. We’ll start off with the Clarinet. When I was in the sixth grade I joined the Band, and my instrument of choice was the Clarinet. Now that I think about it, I honestly don’t remember why I chose that instrument. Maybe I thought that it would be one of the easiest to learn. (I was wrong ha-ha.) But it wasn’t until a year later that I would own one for myself instead of renting one at school. My mother bought it for me on my birthday, on one condition: to stick to band up until my senior year in high school so that her money didn’t go to waste. Luckily for her I absolutely loved band and ended up being one of the best players in both middle school and high school.



 Next up is my Drawing Tablet. Bought it in 2013 I believe. It was around that time when I was just beginning my freshman year in college and was introduced to making digital art on my own. I bought it for around $99 (with my mother’s money of course), and started drawing with it immediately. It was a huge obstacle at first, and being self-taught made it more difficult. But with enough time and practice I’ve become more comfortable with it and have made some of my best pieces because of it. 



Last are my Traditional Art Supplies. Regular plain white paper with any pencil or pen were the only tools that I had for drawing, and for years at a time too. But back then that was more than enough to start pushing myself to become the artist that I am today.


No comments:

Post a Comment