Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pitch

For the final assignment for Marketing, we are supposed to remake an older snack brand from 1982 called Phileas Fogg. It was quite popular in its time with exotic snacks from around the world, including a letter from Phileas Fogg himself about his adventure in whichever country the snack is based off of. But, due to being bought out from a larger corporation, the brand has been turned into an ordinary potato chip brand. Losing the spark that was Phileas Fogg snacks, it is up to the class to make it great again. Since we had the option of choosing which snack and country for the assignment, I have personally chosen Haiti as my country using Fried Plantains as my snack of choice. Reason being is because I knew for a fact that no one else in the class would choose this country cause of the lack of representation it has. Plus, being a Haitian American myself I wanted to brand out one of my favorite childhood snacks. Knowing that I am not the only one that has this feeling towards this type of islander food. And what better ways to share this delight than to market it around the world? 

Not only will people enjoy the savory snack that is Fried Plantains, an already popular food in the Caribbean, South America, and Southern Asia, it will bring representation to Haiti and its wonderful people and culture. "Each culture contains smaller subcultures, or groups of people with shared value systems based on common life experiences and situations. Subcultures include nationalities, religions, racial groups, and geographic regions." (Marketing: An Introduction 10th Edition page. 137) That is one of my main goals with this project. Others include fun history facts about the country, the sensation of a great home cooked meal in one package, and to also have some proceeds go to said country(s) to help the people with any issues that they may need help with financially. Even if there is the possibility that this product may not make the sales I would like for it to have, more than anything I would like to have my message be spread across the world that is the beauty of Haiti and its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment