Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week One EOC: "Great Customer Service"

A great customer experience that I had was back in 2012 for my second anime convention here in Las Vegas. I attended the previous year, being my first con. I had such a blast my first time. Seeing all of the amazing cosplays, meeting my favorite voice actors, attending hilarious panels, and the massive Artist Alley where you could purchase all sorts of merchandise from different fandoms. Since I had such a great time, I wanted to make sure that I would be able to attend the next year.  When you purchase your pass for any convention, you need to buy them online and pre-order if you can. The first time I bought my pass I made sure to pre-order because it was such a reasonable price. As I pre-ordered my pass for the second year, everything was placed and ready to go. 


     You’re supposed to receive your confirmation email and letter in the mail within a week or two. But after a month of not seeing my letter, even though I had the email to prove I bought it, I called the Head of Registration to sort things out. In the beginning, it was difficult to get in contact with him. Especially due to the cons date closing in. It was understandable, but I was worried I wouldn’t get to go. A few weeks before the con, I received a call from the Head of Registration, explaining to him what had happened and that I had definitely paid for the pass. He reassured me that he would sort everything out, that I had nothing to worry about, and to expect the letter in the mail by the end of the week. True to his word, I received the letter and was able to attend the convention. “Good customer relationship management creates customer delight. In turn, delighted customers remain loyal and talk favorably to others about the company and its products.” (Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation; Ch. 1 Pg. 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment